There were so many things I wanted to use as a Stream of Consciousness Sunday prompt this week. But then I started thinking about keepsakes and well, I thought that sounded fun.
So set your timers for 5 minutes.
This week’s (optional) prompt:
Tell me about a keepsake that you treasure and will hold on to until death do you part.
She was my best friend.
I got Baby Elizabeth, a porcelain doll (well, her head and hands were), for my first birthday. My great grandmother gave her to me.
I carried her everywhere in a padded basket. I slept with her. I fed her. I changed her. I loved her.
When I was three, I was allowed to carry her in my hands.
One day, I was carrying her from the grocery store and I dropped her. And I broke her porcelain face.
Shattered it into a million pieces. Obviously, I cried.
She was made by a local lady and my mom was able to get a new head made for her.
Baby Elizabeth sits in a doll case in my parents’ house, in her original dress, her “new” face, and holds a million memories of my childhood.
This was my 5 minute Stream of Consciousness Sunday post. It’s five minutes of your time and a brain dump. Want to try it? Here are the rules…
- Set a timer and write for 5 minutes.
- Write an intro to the post if you want but don’t edit the post. No proofreading or spellchecking. This is writing in the raw. (Disclaimer: I usually take a minute to add a picture, because I try to have one with all my posts)
- Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. The back door to your blog if you want. But make it accessible.
- Add the Stream of Consciousness Sunday badge to your post.
- Link up your post below.
- Visit your fellow bloggers and show some love.