Welcome again to Stream of Consciousness Sunday. I have to tell y’all. I’m beyond flattered by all the support I received last week when I announced that SOCSunday would be living here. I want to thank Fadra again for trusting me with this amazing idea and space that she started.
Today’s prompt (optional) was inspired by both taking and picking up my son at camp this week.
What does Summer smell or taste like to you? And why?
Your five minutes starts now!
Last Sunday, as I stepped out of the car and into the north Alabama (hot and holy crap humid) air, I was greeted by the smell of summer. The smell of childhood summers spent at camps.
As an adult, I’d kinda rather “camp” at the Ritz or someplace that will bring me drinks and not make me canoe down the river, but as a kid, camp was one thing I longed for each summer.
And it has a distinctive smell. It’s a magical combination of fresh rain, mildew, bacon, river water, bug spray and memories.
When we pulled in to pick him up again, the smell of mildew and stinky kid was a wee bit (a lot) more prevalent but the memories that were burned into the souls of the campers and were spilling out of their mouths nearly blew me over.
I’m proud of my Henry for wanting to go. I’m proud of us for letting him.
I’m proud of Camp Winnataska for allowing children to make memories of Summer that will last a lifetime.
This was my 5 minute Stream of Consciousness Sunday post. It’s five minutes of your time and a brain dump. Want to try it? Here are the rules…
- Set a timer and write for 5 minutes.
- Write an intro to the post if you want but don’t edit the post. No proofreading or spellchecking. This is writing in the raw.
- Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. The back door to your blog if you want. But make it accessible.
- Add the Stream of Consciousness Sunday badge to your post. (get it over in my sidebar)
- Link up your post below.
- Visit your fellow bloggers and show some love.