Every 4 years is an exciting time. It’s a time when all the nations of the world come together to compete on a grand scale in the Summer Olympics.
Even in spite of the huge NBC Fail, where they said they wouldn’t have any spoilers but live tweeted stuff and edited out important parts of the Opening Ceremony, the Olympics are exciting this year.
Athletes, first time Olympians and veteran Olympians, are making memories that will possibly never be topped. Parents are proud that the fortunes they spent getting so-and-so lessons for Little Jimmy finally paid off.
Today’s (optional) prompt: If you could compete in any Olympic sport or participate in the Games in any way, what would you want to do? Did you ever have Olympic goals personally?
Oh, the Olympics. How I love thee…
I’ve always thought that being a synchronized diver would be awesome. I can’t even imagine how in sync the two divers have to be. I mean, it’s one thing to dance in sync, but to jump off a board and fly through the air, flipping and twisting ALL AT THE SAME TIME? That would be awesome.
To me, they are the epitome of teamwork. There are two of them, one dive, and one chance to get it right.
But I’m pretty sure I would fall off the board when I would have to stand backwards on my tippy toes.
HOW DO THEY DO THAT???
This was my 5 minute Stream of Consciousness Sunday post. It’s five minutes of your time and a brain dump. Want to try it? Here are the rules…
- Set a timer and write for 5 minutes.
- Write an intro to the post if you want but don’t edit the post. No proofreading or spellchecking. This is writing in the raw.
- Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. The back door to your blog if you want. But make it accessible.
- Add the Stream of Consciousness Sunday badge to your post (in the sidebar).
- Link up your post below.
- Visit your fellow bloggers and show some love.