Summer is coming to a close here in our neck of the woods. It’s time to jump back into the swing of things. School is beginning tomorrow and we are ALL so excited! Second grade for my little man. Where has the time gone?
This has me thinking about beginnings. Every story has a beginning, for without the start there is no finish.
We’ve all started things that have been exciting. Maybe they were in the past or maybe they’re coming up soon. Are you scared of beginnings? Do they excite you?
Today’s (optional) prompt: Beginnings
Tomorrow, Henry and I both have a “beginning.”
He starts school and I start work full time. In an office. For the first time in 13 years.
Fresh beginning feel so good. New Sharpie pens. New legal pads. New crayons and notebooks for Henry. New teachers and new bosses. New classmates and new customers.
Beginnings feel a lot like a stew. That first day, you throw all the ingredients into the crock pot. You turn it on and wait. Every few hours, you come to stir. Maybe you have to toss in some pasta or more fragile vegetable. Hours later, your stew is done. You’ve succeeded.
Tomorrow we jump off, into the crock pot. Through second grade and a new job, we’re going to be cooking up some awesomeness!
This was my 5 minute Stream of Consciousness Sunday post. It’s five minutes of your time and a brain dump. Want to try it? Here are the rules…
- Set a timer and write for 5 minutes.
- Write an intro to the post if you want but don’t edit the post. No proofreading or spellchecking. This is writing in the raw.
- Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. The back door to your blog if you want. But make it accessible.
- Add the Stream of Consciousness Sunday badge to your post (in the sidebar). .
- Link up your post below.
- Visit your fellow bloggers and show some love.