I was thinking the other day that I would do a non-prompt free writing day every 6 weeks or so. Are y’all down with that? What are your thoughts?
I know you have something you want to get off your chest… so GO!
I miss Henry’s old school’s year round calendar. It was beautiful and there were no “grumpies” when school started back.
If you’re not familiar, year round calendars aren’t actually year round (mostly). His school started in early July, went for 9 weeks and had a 3 week break. Went 9 weeks, had a 3 week break. Went 9 weeks, had a 3 week break. Then went 9 weeks and had a 6 week summer.
It was perfect. There wasn’t enough time for the teachers to get fully burned out before a break. The kids were never burned out. They didn’t have a full summer to get lazy and bored and OMG NOT WANT TO GO BACK TO SCHOOL BECAUSE THEY MIGHT HAVE TO USE THEIR BRAIN. Retention rates are fabulous and the best part…
THERE WERE NO GRUMPIES!
The first 2 weeks (or 3) are crap around here now. Henry is so tired, doesn’t want to do his homework and just wants to complain and be kinda a pain in the butt. And I mean that in the most loving way.
Are your kids grumpy at the beginning of school?
This was my 5 minute Stream of Consciousness Sunday post. It’s five minutes of your time and a brain dump. Want to try it? Here are the rules…
- Set a timer and write for 5 minutes.
- Write an intro to the post if you want but don’t edit the post. No proofreading or spellchecking. This is writing in the raw.
- Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. The back door to your blog if you want. But make it accessible.
- Add the Stream of Consciousness Sunday badge to your post (in the sidebar). .
- Link up your post below.
- Visit your fellow bloggers and show some love.