They say old dogs can’t learn new tricks.
I beg to differ.
The older I get, which OMG I THOUGHT I WAS ONLY 35 BUT REALIZED I’M ALMOST 37, I realize I have a huge desire to learn new things. Which brought me to …
Today’s (totally and completely optional) prompt:
What new tricks would you like to learn or have you learned?
Your five minutes starts now.
I crave learning. I always have. I know a little about a lot of things, always wanting to know more.
I ask questions. I’m curious. Nosy might be a better word for it, though.
I want to learn how to fry chicken. Knitting is on my list to master.
I want to learn REAL calligraphy, not just the pseudo-calligraphy I do already.
In my mind, I think with some practice, I could sing better.
Learning a little HTML code would be nice, as would learning how to fully use Excel. You’d think one would know how to do that by now, huh?
I’d like to learn how to be more assertive. Can that be learned?
Learning how to ask for help and then learning how to actually TAKE the help that’s offered… that would be lovely.
What do you want to learn to do?
This was my 5 minute Stream of Consciousness Sunday post. It’s five minutes of your time and a brain dump. Want to try it? Here are the rules…
- Set a timer and write for 5 minutes.
- Write an intro to the post if you want but don’t edit the post. No proofreading or spellchecking. This is writing in the raw.
- Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. The back door to your blog if you want. But make it accessible.
- Add the Stream of Consciousness Sunday badge to your post (in the sidebar). .
- Link up your post below.
- Visit your fellow bloggers and show some love.