Comfort zones. We all have them. In fact, we wrote a few weeks ago about what makes us feel comfy-cozy. Today we’re going to talk about stepping out of your comfort zone and doing something you never thought you would or could. Or just write whatever. You know we’re easy around here!
Today’s (totally optional) prompt:
What have you done recently or would like to do that’s outside your comfort zone?
This morning, I’ll be running my first 5k.
Four months ago, I woke up one morning and decided I was going to start running. So I did.
With arthritis, this hasn’t been so easy. The 9 week Couch to 5k program has taken me 16 weeks. I’ve had the most success jogging 4 minutes and walking 1 minute for the length of the run. It doesn’t feel like I’m a “runner” because I can’t run the whole thing without walking.
But dammit, I’m doing it. And in 4 more months, I’ll be at Disney with 30+ amazing women running the Disney Princess Half Marathon for the Ronald McDonald House of Central Georgia in memory of my Charlie.
My only goal for that race is to finish.
Today I’ll be stepping out of my comfort zone, into a zone I never thought I would venture into.
And after today, I’ll try to call myself a runner.
UPDATE: I finished. Without dying. 47:39 and the course was actually 3.43 instead of 3.1 (the people who measured were obviously numerically challenged)!!
This was my 5 minute Stream of Consciousness Sunday post. It’s five minutes of your time and a brain dump. Want to try it? Here are the rules…
- Set a timer and write for 5 minutes.
- Write an intro to the post if you want but don’t edit the post. No proofreading or spellchecking. This is writing in the raw.
- Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. The back door to your blog if you want. But make it accessible.
- Add the Stream of Consciousness Sunday badge to your post (in the sidebar). .
- Link up your post below.
- Visit your fellow bloggers and show some love.