Holidays bring out the twitchy side of me, I think. I would love to write something beautiful and thought-provoking and all that jazz, but really, I’m just annoyed and feel like getting it out.
Today’s (totally optional) prompt: I’m Annoyed By…
Right now, I’m watching the Auburn/Alabama game. I’m super annoyed by it all. By our coaching debacle, by the announcers who are being assholes, by the fact that I know Nick Saban’s going to run the score up to 100 if he can. By all of it.
Holidays annoy me. They’re not relaxing at all. Laundry still has to be done. Dishes are never-ending. The kid is bored and well, it just gets under my skin.
I’m annoyed, and this is stupid, that my pants are falling off of me. I just bought new ones and now the new, two sizes smaller, ones are falling off of me now. I don’t want to buy new jeans.
I’m annoyed by all the crap in the house but too unmotivated to do something about it. I’m annoyed that I hate decorating and so our house is bland and boring.
I’m annoyed that I need to change the sheets before I can go to bed. Can’t somebody else do that for me?
I’m annoyed that I’m so hard on myself all the time. I’m too critical and assume that everything is my fault. All the time.
And now I’m annoyed that my timer went off. Sometimes 5 minutes isn’t enough.
What annoys you?
This was my 5 minute Stream of Consciousness Sunday post. It’s five minutes of your time and a brain dump. Want to try it? Here are the rules…
- Set a timer and write for 5 minutes.
- Write an intro to the post if you want but don’t edit the post. No proofreading or spellchecking. This is writing in the raw.
- Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. The back door to your blog if you want. But make it accessible.
- Add the Stream of Consciousness Sunday badge to your post (in the sidebar). .
- Link up your post below.
- Visit your fellow bloggers and show some love.