Hey y’all! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday, whatever you celebrate, and are looking forward to 2013 and all the opportunity that lies in flipping over a new calendar year!
I’m reminded, normally after the holidays, of the traditions that are my favorite. I can never think of all the wonderful things until they actually happen, though.
Today’s (totally optional) prompt: Favorite Traditions
Decorating for Christmas is one of our most fun evenings of the year. After hitting up Big John’s to get our tree, we make a grocery store stop for our dinner of hors d’oeuvres and junk.
Movies are queued up, shrimp is defrosted and chilled, other snacks are prepared. Once the tree is in the stand and the boxes of ornaments and lights are pulled out, the movie is put on (A Christmas Story) and food is served.
There’s eating, placing of ornaments, watching movies, and snuggling on the couch.
It’s a magical way to start the holiday season and a tradition I hope never changes!
This was my 5 minute Stream of Consciousness Sunday post. It’s five minutes of your time and a
brain dump. Want to try it? Here are the rules…
- Set a timer and write for 5 minutes.
- Write an intro to the post if you want but don’t edit the post. No proofreading or spellchecking.
This is writing in the raw.
- Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. The back door to your blog if you want. But make it
- Add the Stream of Consciousness Sunday badge to your post (in the sidebar). .
- Link up your post below.
- Visit your fellow bloggers and show some love.