Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
In honor of all things green, today I decided we could think about green. You know, if you want to.
Green has many things associated with it – greed, spring, eco-friendly, broccoli, grass, money – so many things.
What does green make you think of and how does it make you feel?
Today’s (totally optional) prompt: Green
It’s not easy being green. I’m sure that’s how this box feels.
Spring is coated in green. Working at a nursery, I watch leaves on the trees erupt from their buds. The color of spring transforms from brown to a bright, almost fluorescent green, to a rich Crayola green. It’s pretty, but…
To me, Green looks like allergies. And pollen-coated eyes.
Green makes me sneeze. In fact, I just sneezed while I wrote that sentence.
Green isn’t a good color for me, yet I have a purse picked out that’s the color of that block up there.
I like orange better than green. But this post isn’t about orange. It’s about green. Which reminds me of money and greed and envy and well, those are things that I don’t like.
I guess I don’t like green all that much, huh?
What about you? What do you think about green? Surely you can write about it for five minutes!
This was my 5 minute Stream of Consciousness Sunday post. It’s five minutes of your time and a brain dump. Want to try it? Here are the rules…
- Set a timer and write for 5 minutes.
- Write an intro to the post if you want but don’t edit the post. No proofreading or spellchecking. This is writing in the raw.
- Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. The back door to your blog if you want. But make it accessible.
- Add the Stream of Consciousness Sunday badge to your post (in the sidebar). .
- Link up your post below.
- Visit your fellow bloggers and show some love.