This weekend, bloggers from all over gathered for BlogHer ’13. I wasn’t there. And I was ok with that.
But still, there’s always a fear of missing out on things that are fun and exciting.
Today’s (totally optional) prompt:
What do you fear you’re missing when you can’t attend something?
As a general rule, I don’t feel like I have to do what everybody else is doing. But sometimes, you know, sometimes I feel like I’m missing out. Right now many of my blogger friends are in Chicago at BlogHer. This time last year I was there with Crystal, having a blast in NYC. This year, I’m in NC with my husband and son having a blast.
It’s different. And my trip is absolutely wonderful.
But I’m sitting here wondering what I am missing out on.
Parties and sessions, hanging out between events, Voices of the Year keynotes, and swag galore… One on one fun with computer-turned-real-life friends, naps if I feel like it, and drinks at the bar with total strangers.
I fear missing out on the fun.
But what I would fear the most, if I had gone there this year, is missing out on the amazing fun I am having this weekend. And THAT fun is bigger and better than anything else that’s out there.
This was my 5 minute Stream of Consciousness Sunday post. It’s five minutes of your time and a brain dump. Want to try it? Here are the rules…
- Set a timer and write for 5 minutes.
- Write an intro to the post if you want but don’t edit the post. No proofreading or spellchecking. This is writing in the raw.
- Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. The back door to your blog if you want. But make it accessible.
- Add the Stream of Consciousness Sunday badge to your post (in the sidebar). .
- Link up your post below.
- Visit your fellow bloggers and show some love.