Emerson said, quite famously, that “life is a journey, not a destination.”
I ran across this quote this week looking for another one, and remembered how much I love the sentiment.
Today’s (totally optional) prompt: Journey
The journey of life is divided into smaller journeys. Some can last for hours. Some for years.
In an ever-changing world, our journeys aren’t always determined by us. They’re dictated by changing technologies, changing habits, changing rules.
Right now I’m on a journey, or many journeys. The training and learning and practicing for a half marathon is a journey I never imagined myself on.
It’s been painfully amazing and positively humbling. I’ve learned so much about myself.
Learning my limits, pushing my limits, realizing my strengths, realizing my weaknesses, and finding my groove has been hard.
I normally would have given up by now, but the end is near. There are only 32 (holy crap) days left. I’ve still got money to raise and miles to log. (If you donate, I’ll love you forever)
But at the end of my journey, I will win. I will finish and THAT, my friends, makes me win. At least according to my son!
What kind of journey are you on? Are you taking a trip or making life changes? What do you think your journey represents?
(PS: I swear I’ll stop talking about running after Disney. Maybe. If I don’t die.)
This was my 5 minute Stream of Consciousness Sunday post. It’s five minutes of your time and a brain dump. Want to try it? Here are the rules…
- Set a timer and write for 5 minutes.
- Write an intro to the post if you want but don’t edit the post. No proofreading or spellchecking. This is writing in the raw.
- Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. The back door to your blog if you want. But make it accessible.
- Add the Stream of Consciousness Sunday badge to your post (in the sidebar). .
- Link up your post below.
- Visit your fellow bloggers and show some love.